Halloween Update Out Now!
Happy Halloween everybody! The latest free content update for Making it Home is out now! We started it out as a Halloween focused update but before we knew it we had 10 new vehicle components to add to the game! We are starting to realise that the number of components in the game means we need to start thinking about some UI improvements in blueprint mode - we didn't have time to get that done for this patch but it is something we want to address.
The other big change is the addition of seasonal cosmetics and themes. At the moment we have just added stuff for Halloween, you'll see spooky Jack-O-Lanterns, scary spiderwebs and curious candy explosions! Right now these automatically appear based on the date, but eventually we want to add customisation for this stuff.
Version 1.1.0 Patch Notes
Improvements and New Content
- New panel - Spiderweb
- New panel - The Beachball
- New panel - Ball Bearings
- New panel - Circle Bumper
- New panel - Football
- New panel - Basketball
- New panel - Pumpkin
- New panel - Diagonal Walls
- Two new panels - Seesaw (lipped and un-lipped)
- The game now has seasonal elements, lots of effects and sprites have been added for Halloween which will appear during October. We will be adding ways to customise this in the future.
- Solar panels and water tanks are no longer given as options when you permanently unlock a panel at the end of an act. These will be unlocked by their parent panels automatically.
- Changed balance of all speed/time requirements based on analytics from players.
- Coins now spawn at more random heights.
- If vehicle is taller than 30 panels coins no longer spawn above the vehicle.
- Removed sprint objective tutorial which was confusing players in the first leg.
- Sails now activate on button press down rather than button up.
- Added a sanity check to ensure the vehicle's speed cannot go negative.
- The flywheel now shows thrust numbers correctly.
Get Making it Home
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.